Best Selling Cars of 2016
Let's take a look at the best selling cars bought through AAA's Auto Buying Service. With so many models to choose from, these top sellers stand out as reliable, fuel efficient, and functional. From sedans to crossovers to SUVs, here are AAA's best selling cars of 2016.
1. Honda CR-V – This popular crossover is desirable across the board and it's packed with features designed to make your life easier. Exceptional fuel economy, adult-sized room in both rows of seating, ample cargo space, and some cool tech and safety features make the CR-V a great option. The CR-V also retains its value so it's the perfect pick if you want to resell your car in the future.
2. Honda Accord – The high-quality roomy interior offers an exceptional ride for those looking for a full size sedan. All trim levels feature the new Honda Sensing package of drive assistance features. Other features on the EX models and above include a 7" touch screen with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto functionality. It's a top-rated choice in the family-sedan class.
3. Honda Civic – For a compact sedan or coupe, the Civic is top-notch. Civic models were fully redesigned for 2016 with new styling, more powerful engines, and quieter interiors. The cabin and trunk space are still roomy enough for passengers and gear without sacrificing the sportier style. The Civic has excellent fuel economy for those wanting to save at the pump.
4. Subaru Forester – The Forester boasts all-wheel drive, a roomy interior, and plenty of ground clearance for off-roading. With top safety scores and a new touchscreen-based technology interface, the Forester is a great family vehicle. You can add a turbo-charged engine or stick with the base engine for better fuel economy.
5. Toyota Prius – If fuel economy is what you're looking for, look no further than Prius. Fully redesigned for 2016, the Prius has a more sophisticated ride and better handling. Generous cargo space in this hatchback make it a top-rated option for those going green.
6. Toyota Rav-4 – If you're in the market for a small crossover, the RAV-4 stands out with its combination of features, passenger space and everyday utility. The updated styling includes a sleeker front fascia, LED headlights and a well-designed interior. There was also a debut of the new RAV-4 hybrid in 2016.
7. Toyota Tacoma – For a midsize pickup with great off-road capability, the Tacoma sets the bar high. The 2016 model has been completely redesigned and offers an attractive interior, an efficient V6 engine, and clever cargo features. It also retains its value for resale.
8. Subaru Outback – For families who enjoy outdoor adventures, the Outback will deliver. With its spacious and comfortable interior, off-road capability, and advanced safety features, the Outback is functional and reliable. Safety features on the Outback now include optional lane departure intervention.
9. Honda Pilot – Honda has a reputation for reliability and the Pilot is no exception. The 3-row SUV offers modern amenities, roomy rear seats, clever storage solutions, and surprising efficiency. As a popular, top-rated vehicle, the Pilot boasts high tech safety features on most trims.
10. Toyota Highlander – For a three-row crossover, the Highlander earns top ratings. A predictably quiet ride, well-appointed cabin and functional design, consistently make the Highlander a popular choice for families. For the most part, the Highlander remains unchanged for 2016. Minor upgrades include a standard towing package on all V6 models.
If you are thinking of purchasing a new or used vehicle and want to avoid the hassle of a dealership, reach out to AAA Auto Buying. As a part of our member service, our experts will find you the right vehicle to at the right price. We'll even take car of your title and tags, and deliver the vehicle to your door. Call 1-866-710-6226 and start your search today.