New To You: Used Car Buying Tips
With the initial outlay and high cost of monthly payments, buying a new car may be a big stretch for your budget. Perhaps you need an upgraded vehicle, but you're not ready to take the plunge on something brand new. If you're like the majority of American consumers, buying a used car is an attractive option. Here are some things to think about when purchasing a used car.
- Know your budget. Before looking at used vehicles, figure out what you can spend. If you are planning to finance your car, decide on an affordable monthly payment and stick to it. Consider taxes, repairs, and fuel expenses in your budget as they will add to your overall cost.
- Do your homework. Research the vehicles you are interested in purchasing. Be realistic with your search and focus on your needs first, then your wants. Make a list of automobiles that fit your requirements and narrow down your options. Online forums and safety records are a great way to get information.
- Search our inventory at AAA Auto Buying. If you don't see the vehicle you're looking for, we can help you find it. Reach out to our sales team for expert advice. We will work with you from start to finish to ensure a hassle-free experience.
- Check the vehicle history report. Carfax can reveal vital information about the safety of the car including whether the odometer has been rolled back, or if it's been in an accident. The vehicle's VIN number will be used to access this information.
- Trade in your old vehicle. If you have a car you'd like us to appraise, we can come to you, appraise it, and buy it without you ever having to leave your home. We can even pick it up when we deliver your new car so you are never without a way to get around.
- Get an extended warranty to protect your purchase. If the manufacturer's warranty has expired or is close to expiring, AAA offers an exclusive extended warranty. Depending on the coverage you choose, your warranty can cover all major repairs for up to 7 years and 230,000 odometer miles.
- Get the right insurance. At AAA Insurance, we believe our customers should get exactly what they need for coverage. We offer competitive rates and exclusive member discounts. We pride ourselves on our Concierge Claims Service, available to you 24-hours a day.
Buying a used car with AAA Auto Buying is a breeze. With the help of our auto experts you can find the vehicle you are looking for at a price you can afford. Call 1-866-710-6226 and get started today!