The Importance of Flushes & Maintaining Fluids
Regular vehicle maintenance is a crucial part of car ownership. An integral part of this process is maintaining and flushing fluids as recommended by your owner's manual. Here are the basics about fluids and which ones need your attention.
- Engine oil – If you're low on oil or it's time for an oil change, bring your car to your local AAA Car Care Center. We can help you keep up with a regular maintenance schedule and let you know when it is time for service. Depending on your vehicle and the type of oil it requires, you will need to have it changed every 3,000 – 7,000 miles or so: whatever the vehicle manufacturer recommends.
- Transmission fluid – This fluid keeps your vehicle's transmission shifting and operating smoothly. A flush removes degraded fluid and cleans the transmission of contaminants and debris. Then our trained auto technicians will replace it with new, premium fluid. You will need to check your owner's manual for the proper care schedule regarding this service.
- Coolant – This fluid keeps your car running cool and prevents overheating. Coolant degrades over time and a radiator flush purges the system of buildup. It's generally a good idea to flush your system once a year but always refer to your car's owner's manual for a more precise time frame.
- Brake fluid – It is a good idea to have brake fluid checked during your routine oil changes. It should be replaced approximately every 2 years depending on your vehicle and driving habits.
- Power steering fluid – AAA has trusted technicians to carefully flush any engine system components. In a power steering flush the system is cleared of old sludge and new premium power steering fluid is added. Generally, this should be changed every 3-4 years but our dedicated Car Care Team can advise you on what would be best for your situation.
AAA Car Care Center will help you maintain your fluids and create a flush schedule based on your manufacturer's recommendations. AAA offers a wide range of repairs in our state-of-the-art facilities. We even offer extended warranty plans that are like health insurance for your automobile. For more Car Care Tips, visit us online!