6 Questions For Your Next Networking Event
You’re probably used to small talk at networking events because making valuable conversation can be difficult, especially with strangers. Asking open-ended questions can encourage new people to open up. After handshakes, use the phrases below from The Ladders to jump start authentic conversations.
- How did you find out about this event?
- Where are you from?
- How did you get the idea for your business?
- What’s the most difficult part of your job or industry?
- What kinds of people are you looking to meet tonight?
- What’s the best part of your job or business?
When all else fails, remember that people love to talk about themselves.