There’s nothing quite like the feel and smell of a new car. Free of stains, smells and scratches, a new car is something to behold. Buying a new car is a big investment and you should be financially stable before committing to that kind of purchase. If a new car isn’t immediately in your plans, here are some things you can do to improve your current vehicle and make it feel new again.
1. Get a thorough cleaning. Take your car in and splurge for the full package. Have them steam clean your carpets and upholstery or treat your leather seats. Have them focus on the small details that normally get overlooked during a routine wash. Right away, you will feel better about your ride.
2. Don’t skip the wax. Waxing your car will protect your paint from sun damage and debris. It will also make your car look shiny and new. If you can afford to wax it regularly, you can extend the life of your exterior.
3. Replace worn mats. If you’ve had the same mats in your car since you purchased it, update them with something new. You can shop at an auto store or look online for a bigger selection. New mats will make everything look clean and updated.
4. Check your tires. Think about replacing your tires if they are worn. New tires can breed new life into your vehicle. You may want to check the different options that are available at your service shop.
5. Touch-up paint. If you notice a lot of dings and scratches, buy touch up paint and use it sparingly on your car. Better yet, if you have a few extra dollars, bring your car to a professional and have the paint fixed without the hassle and worry of doing it yourself.