As people spend more time at home and less time on the road, it’s important to give special attention to your vehicle to ensure the circumstances don’t take a toll on your car’s battery. AAA has five car battery tips to help maintaining its health.
Healthy Car Battery Tips
- Regularly perform a visual inspection on the battery for signs of corrosion around the battery terminals and keep it clean.
- Limit excessive short drives or not driving the vehicle at all.
- Consider a battery tender if your vehicle has long periods of inactivity.
- Ensure electronics are not left on or anything else that might drain the battery while it is not being operated.
- Disconnect the battery entirely and store it in a warm location.