We spend a lot of time in our cars commuting, transporting kids, and running errands. It is tempting to want to upgrade to a new vehicle when new models come out, but keeping an older car can be much more cost-effective if you make a few small changes. Here are some tips to make your old car feel new again.
- Clean and organize your car. Use your AAA discount and visit Napa Auto Parts for cleaning supplies or visit Sam's Xpress for a car wash. Vacuum the rugs and steam clean if necessary. A clean car is an inviting space that you will feel better about.
- Focus on the dashboard and steering wheel. If the wheel is deteriorated, a new cover can make a big difference. Clean the dashboard and replace worn out or broken parts.
- Replace your floor mats. When you are in and out of your vehicle all day long, your floor mats take a beating. Protect your carpet and update your car's interior with rubber floor mats.
- Repair dents and scratches. If you have a few nicks you've been ignoring, spend a little to get them fixed. It will give the exterior a flawless finish. If your budget allows, splurge for a new paint job if needed.
- Get regular maintenance checks. Regular oil changes, filter replacement, new belts, and tire checks are all important to the life of your vehicle. Replace worn tires at AAA 's online tire store.
- Upgrade your radio/sound system. Install a head unit with an iPod integration system to enhance your vehicle's entertainment value.
A little time and money can make a big difference in bringing your old car back to life. Make an appointment at your local AAA Car Care Center for a maintenance check. If you can get a few more years out of your car and it's already paid off, you are saving yourself money. When you are ready to upgrade to something new, AAA's Auto Buying Team can help you get the best car for your needs.