Before you go on a road trip this summer, there are preparations you should make to your vehicle. Don't get stuck with car issues during your vacation. Follow these tips for getting your vehicle ready for summer travel.
- Clean your vehicle. Before you get on the road, take some time to clean out your car before packing it. Stop by NAPA Auto Supplies and pick up an interior cleaner and an exterior wash with your AAA discount. Your car will not only look better but you'll feel better driving it. Or you can also head over to Sam's Xpress Car Wash and use your discount for a pre-trip, automated car wash.
- Inspect your windshield and headlights. Because you will be doing a lot of driving, your windshield and headlights should be in excellent condition. If you notice any cracks, reach out to Auto Glass for a replacement or a headlight restoration.
- Take your vehicle in for a pre-trip inspection. It is wise to arrange an appointment with your favorite AAA Car Care facility at least a week before your vacation. He can check your tires, coolant, battery and engine and remedy any noticeable problems.
- Make sure your insurance is up to date. When you travel make sure you carry an updated insurance card and your registration information in the event you have an accident.
- Pack an emergency kit. Create an emergency kit with flashlights, batteries, a first aid kit, a blanket and extra water bottles. It is wise to keep this in your car at all times but especially for long trips.
- Download the AAA mobile app for directions, discounts and roadside assistance. Additionally, fully charge your phone before leaving and bring along a car charger for your device and portable charger in case your battery dies.