We all have a favorite way to vacation. Some travelers like to be pampered. Others thrive on outdoor exploration. Many enjoy expanding their knowledge when they travel. There are limitless travel options across the globe on land and sea. Whatever your travel style, AAA has an experience for you.
Vacation for some is synonymous with all things luxurious. That could include sequestering yourself in an upscale all-inclusive resort with every amenity you could imagine. It could also mean an all-inclusive luxury cruise with stops to exotic ports of call all over the world.
- Enjoy a taste of Italy’s aristocratic rural life in a 10th-century estate with Travel Impressions. Tuscany’s Belmond Castello di Casole spans some 4,200 acres and is the ideal refuge. Indulge in delectable dining and soak in the sprawling landscapes of Tuscany.
- Pleasant Holidays helps you vacation like an A-lister at Scrub Island Resort, Spa & Marina. Situated in the British Virgin Islands, this private island luxury resort boasts pristine beaches and extensive amenities. Make sure to treat yourself to a rejuvenating treatment at Ixora Spa.
- With intimate ships that promote a private club vibe, Seabourn Cruise Line provides curated luxury voyages to far-flung locales in all seven continents. All suites face the ocean and feature elegant living areas with a dining table and sofa. Additionally, suites include a Personal Suite Stewardess who can help ensure a flawless and opulent onboard experience.
- For the ultimate splurge, consider a three-month sailing with Regent Seven Seas Cruises. A 94-night voyage aboard the Seven Seas Navigator includes ports of call in Ireland, Sweden, England, Iceland, the Netherlands, Spain and others. Every detail is managed along the way to create a refined experience. Guests can expect restorative treatments at the ship’s Serene Spa & Wellness, exceptional culinary offerings, enriching excursions and many other luxurious perks.
Style: Outdoor Adventurer
Is fresh air and nature all around you more your cup of tea (or, perhaps, canteen of water)? There are boundless chances to soak up the outdoors — from local hikes to exploring some of the earth’s most remote locations.
- For those who live in the Carolinas, varied hiking, biking and other outdoor activities are an easy weekend road trip away. There are more than 900 miles of hiking trails within the North Carolina mountains. Chimney Rock State Park, Grandfather Mountain and Mt. Mitchell State Park are worth exploring. The Brevard area is aptly named “Land of the Waterfalls” and boasts more than 250 of them. Many are situated with the Pisgah National Forest.
- From low-key retreats on Hilton Head Island to endless activities along Myrtle Beach’s Grand Strand, coastal pursuits in South Carolina are plentiful. Ocean kayaking, camping along the coast, fishing for dinner off the pier — beach vacations offer much for those who crave salty breezes and sun-kissed days.
- Get outside in faraway places with guided tours with AAA preferred travel partners like VBT or Country Walkers. VBT Bicycling Vacations offers a variety of deluxe, small group bicycling, walking and waterway “bike and boat” vacations around the world. They’ve added six new international tours that include Switzerland, France, Lithuania, Latvia and Italy. Immersive, local experiences unfold during a curated walking tour with Country Walkers. Choose from destinations like Botswana, Japan, Finland, Portugal, Canada, Chile and others.
- Expedition cruises provide next-level adventure for those who seek it. Hurtigruten takes you to the end of the earth with cruises to Antarctica. Kayaking near icebergs for seal and penguin watching, snowshoeing through unspoiled snow fields and guided hikes are a few bucket-list experiences on the itinerary. For a once-in-a-lifetime trip, book a Solar Eclipse 2021 sailing where you can witness the rare event from Antarctica’s South Orkney Islands. For 2021, the solar eclipse will only be observable around Antarctica, and it won’t happen there again for another 400 or so years.
Style: Lifelong Learner
If you’re an avid Jeopardy! fan, read through any historical marker you come across and are fascinated by other cultures, you’re likely a lifelong learner. Lucky for you, there are ample travel opportunities to feed your curiosity.
- Consider a specialty “Taste of Bordeaux” river cruise with AmaWaterways. It’s hosted by Emmy® award-winning TV host and travel expert Samantha Brown. You’ll glean travel advice from Samantha during two interactive travel talks, learn about winegrowing along France’s Garonne and Dordogne rivers and explore UNESCO World Heritage sites along the way.
- The Galapagos Islands and Machu Picchu are on many travelers’ bucket lists. Check them both off with a sailing on Celebrity Flora. An all-inclusive cruise features unlimited beverages and menus created by a Michelin-starred chef, epic excursions led by Galapagos National Park certified naturalists and other unforgettable touches. Tour the impressive ruins of the Sacred Valley of the Incas and ascend Machu Picchu aboard the Vistadome train.
Your local AAA Travel Agent can help craft a vacation to fit any travel style or budget. Visit AAA.com/Travel and plan your adventure today!